Home: Captain Tales: Captain's Log:
May 2nd, 2008

captdavid
User

May 5, 2008, 4:06 AM

Post #1 of 1 (277834 views)
Shortcut
May 2nd, 2008 Can't Post

Paul Hays and his buddy Chris came out for a little deep sea fishing today aboard the LP II. We ran right out of the cut straight to 350 ft of water. I popped the kites up with live bait and immediatley got the bite. A sailfish was on. A pretty big one at that. Paul jumped into the fighting chair with excitement to catch this fish. Meanwhile, I put out another live gogg for his buddie Chris. “Were On!” Captain Paul screams down the bridge. Now, Paul and Chris are head to head. About an hour went by before Paul caught his 94 inch sailfish and Chris had been standing up fighting his fish throughout the whole battle; Chris landed a 6 footer.

The wrecks were our next stop. We dropped a bloody bonito head down, and BAM! The rod started to sing. It was a 30 lb Golden Amberjack. “Hey Guys, are you always this lucky?” David jokes. Trolling gear was out in full force at this point of our trip. A blackfin tuna and nice size mahi-mahi were looking like dinner tonite. We continued to troll as we were heading in towards the dock and the planner rod bent over. It was another sailfish. Unbelieveable trip. One of the best trips we've had all season. I've got to tell you, the Lady Pamela II is a lucky boat!

Tight Lines!
Captain David Ide

Home   :   Fort Lauderdale Fishing Reports   :   Captain’s Blog   :   Fish Stories and Photos   :   Fishing Links   :   Forums   :   Faqs   :   Classifieds   :   Support   :   Advertise   :   Terms
© 2012 GoFishFortLauderdale.com   All Rights Reserved.