Hammerhead Shark aboard the Lady Pamela II

captdavid
User

Jun 4, 2008, 3:33 PM

Post #1 of 1 (74340 views)
Shortcut
Hammerhead Shark aboard the Lady Pamela II Can't Post

June 1st, 2008

We set sail from Shallow Harbor at 8 AM and cruised through the Intracoastal Waterway showing off all the mansions to Joe, Scott and Val. They were stoked about going fishing and all they wanted was to catch something big. We went to one of our "spots" and fished three rods with three BIG baits. After only 20 minutes, the balloon on our long bait went under. I pushed the boat ahead as quick as I could, we saw the fish come up to the surface and I knew Joe was in for the fight of his life. The biggest fish he'd ever caught was a 6 lb bass. This was something totally different. It took Joe close to an hour to catch his first Hammerhead Shark. This is a MONSTER fishing at it's best.

This catch made their day, but their day with the Lady Pamela crew wasn't over. We started trolling, one of the planter rods bent over and started pulling some drag. Scott ran to the rod and reeled in a 43 inch Barracuda.

Tight Lines!
Captain David Ide

Home   :   Fort Lauderdale Fishing Reports   :   Captainís Blog   :   Fish Stories and Photos   :   Fishing Links   :   Forums   :   Faqs   :   Classifieds   :   Support   :   Advertise   :   Terms
© 2012 GoFishFortLauderdale.com   All Rights Reserved.