captdavid
User

Jun 5, 2008, 4:51 PM

Post #1 of 1 (71289 views)
Shortcut
Barracuda Bite 6/5/08 Can't Post

June 5th, 2008

Deep Sea Sportfishing Aboard the Lady Pamela II

Captain Paul and I took Lyle and his son deep sea sportfishing this morning off Fort Lauderdale. We headed out Port Everglades and went straight to kite fishing. It was green water and the south current was rippin. We saw a friget bird come through our spread as two sailfish swam up hungry. One ate our short bait, but it wasn't a go. He fell off. We picked up, ran North to a wreck and saw a turtle hanging out on the surface. I grabbed a spinner and pitched a jig and we hooked a 3 foot ramora. We dropped a live rainbow runner on the wreck, but nobody was home. PLAN B - inshore fishing, hoping for the big one. Within 10 minutes we got the coolest barracuda bite I've ever seen. It was wild the way it jumped 10 feet. The rod went slack and Captain Paul pushed the boat ahead and the fish went nuts, it almost landed in the boat. We fought a 46" barracuda for 20 minutes.

Tight Lines!
Captain David Ide

Home   :   Fort Lauderdale Fishing Reports   :   Captainís Blog   :   Fish Stories and Photos   :   Fishing Links   :   Forums   :   Faqs   :   Classifieds   :   Support   :   Advertise   :   Terms
© 2012 GoFishFortLauderdale.com   All Rights Reserved.